Here is an updated list of the Best Video Editing Laptops for 2015 and 2016: https://geni.us/sgMQLqY (Amazon)
Laptops have come down in price and gone up in performance since I made this video, so here are some SOLID video editing laptops to check out.
1. The ASUS ROG Line
2. Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display
3. ASUS K501UX 15-inch Gaming Laptop
4. ASUS Zenbook (Note… this laptop is 13.3 inchs… so it’s small but powerful)
5. Toshiba Satellite S55-C5364
6. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition
7. Dell Inspiron Gaming Laptop Line (Great for Video Editing)
8. Lenovo Z70 17.3-Inch Laptop
9. MSI GE62 APACHE
* Many links have been updated for 2019
I hope this update helps — Cheers!
** Keep reading for the original notes on this video! **
Best Video Editing Laptop – Qosmio X Series 2015 https://geni.us/CANqZRk (Amazon) (Read description for 2015 updates). (2019 Update: Many of the links below are no longer available. Try this instead! https://geni.us/WOsjMS (Amazon))
LINK – Full BLOG “Write Up” on this video:
7 Tips for Buying a Video Editing Laptop, Toshiba Qosmio X875 Unboxing and Review.
7 Questions You Should ask when buying a laptop for video editing:
1. Is the laptop screen large enough for efficient video editing?
2. Does it have a high performance processor?
3. Does it have a high end graphics card that will work with your video editing software to speed up rendering and editing?
4. Does it have fast internal hard drives? (Should be 7200RPM+ or Solid State for video editing)
5. Does it have enough RAM for high performance video editing?
6. Does it have a built in “SD Card Reader” for quick capture of video content?
7. Does it have USB 2.0 ports or USB 3.0 ports?
Link to the Toshiba Qosmio X875 Video Editing Laptop:
(No Longer Available)
2014 Model – Toshiba Qosmio X75
(I would check out the “Used – Like New” section for good prices from sellers with good reviews)
Check out the Toshiba Qosmio X70
(You could upgrade the hardware on this one)
April 2015 Notes – I would buy this Toshiba Qosmio X75 – https://geni.us/GBOOf (Amazon) – in the used section from one of the Amazon warehouse deals. Some pretty good options in there.
**Upgrades I did**
Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB 7200RPM SATA SSD (Solid State Drive)
CMS Data Transfer Kit For Notebook Hard Drives
(Boosting the Ram Up to 16GB) 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz
VIDEO showing HOW TO install the RAM memory and Hybrid SSD Drive.
2013-06-20 Update: The X875-Q7380 has been updated to the X875-Q7190. They are almost identical however the new laptop has a better screen resolution of 1920×1080 instead of 1600 x 900 in the previous model. I would therefore recommend the X875-Q7190 now with the same upgrades. Especially an SSD for the Operating System. Note: It may appear that the Q7380 has a 3.4 GHz i7 processor while the Q7190 has a 2.4 GHz i7 processor. However, upon closer inspection you’ll notice they are the same processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM (3.4 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology). One spec sheet is referencing the the actual speed and one is referencing the Turbo Boost speed. I have updated the links to the new version. Check it out here: https://geni.us/uGTzn (Amazon)
In this video, I talk about “The Best Laptop for Video Editing 2012-13.” I also talk about how to optimize a computer for Mercury Playback Engine and CUDA, OpenCL, Mercury Playback Engine, and Adobe Premiere Pro. The Toshiba Qosmio comes with a Graphics Cards for Adobe Premiere Creative Suite. This really speeds up video editing!
THiNK Media TV – Helping You Go Further Faster in Media
Sean Cannell on Social Media:
Music Courtesy of Playdough
Download Here: https://geni.us/hDYyO (Amazon)
*amazon links are affiliate links
Check out the Full Blog Post “Best Video Editing Laptop (Laptop Buying Guide)” here: